The GEMOS advanced physical security
information system (adv. PSIM) and
organisation system enables individual
adaptation to the customer usage profile.
Reports per minute
GEMOS – physical security information system (adv. PSIM)
The GEMOS security information management and organisation system adapts to the customer user profile.
Thanks to the integration of network interfaces and cable connections provided, the entire control, operation and monitoring of security and media technology facilities as well as of buildings can be managed in a modular and flexible manner.
Ground floor plans
GEMOS – Performance features:
- GEMOS is the leading security information management system in the German market with over 750 different proprietary interfaces and over 1000 installations.
- GEMOS is manufacturer-neutral, i.e. integration of systems from different manufacturers is possible.
- The web-based interface enables the creation of a customized user interface.
- Highest availability thanks to various redundancy concepts (network, server, database etc.)
- Special solutions for different sectors such as, e. g. multifunctional sports arenas, penal facilities or data centres
- The direct import of AutoCAD drawings allows the immediate use of existing architectural floor plans
- High scalability using flexible license models, divided into three levels: light, standard and professional
- Software, hardware, and licenses with modular system design
GEMOS – System overview
- The modular design of GEMOS allows for versatile solutions: from individual workstation systems to cross-company multiple workstation systems.
- Every trade has its own language, has its own requirements and requires that users have specific knowledge. GEMOS understands and translates information from any trade. It combines all information under a clearly laid out user interface and consolidates trade alarms and other alarms into one point.
- Redundancy concepts can be implemented according to workstation, network, server and interface requirements.
GEMOS – Redundancy
GEMOS can be designed continuously redundant on all levels. Redundant design of operating consoles, networks, servers,
databases and interfaces absolutely guarantees high availability.
The GEMOS HA-Agent monitors all GEMOS components by requesting the status via live beat.
In the case of a malfunction, it informs the hot standby component, which then activates itself as the master and continues its operation.
GEMOS – Interface management
It is possible to manage numerous media, communication and security systems in a manufacturer-neutral manner with GEMOS.
The physical link can be made via simple contacts, serial interfaces or TCP/IP. Data connection is effected with native proprietary interfaces or via standard bus systems such as OPC, BACnet, LON or KNX.
Adaptations implemented so far:
- Fire alarm systems
- Assault and intrusion detection systems
- VMS – Video management systems
- Access control systems
- Fire extinguishing and smoke and heat exhaust ventilation systems
- Escape door and sluice door controllers
- Intercommunication systems
- Public sound systems
- Analog and digital telephone systems (Voice over IP)
- Building management systems
- Personal emergency response systems
- Radio installations
- Media technology (audio, video, control)
- Hazard alert systems, failure report systems, alarm systems
- IT hardware via SNMP
- Elevator control
- Security drone
- All kind of perimeter protection
GEMOS – Interface driver
High availability and secure interfaces are the basis for the smooth-functioning linking of third-party systems to management systems. Intelligent interfaces provide a separate driver for coupling with every third-party system.
The GEMOS driver runs independently and is a self-contained software component that speaks the language of the foreign trade on the one hand and “GEMOS” on the other. Thanks to its autonomy, the GEMOS driver can work on separate hardware like on the GEMOS controller under WINDOWS Embedded or Linux. The benefit of using separate hardware is that the system load of the main server can be considerably reduced. If several interfaces are used, these can be separated from each other logically and also spatially.
Individual interface drivers can also be 100% redundantly linked to GEMOS in conjunction with the HA agent GEMOS redundant module. Both drivers run simultaneously (if desired also on separate hardware) and are permanently monitored for function via the GEMOS HA agent. If the driver or a third-party trade interface malfunctions, the HA agent switches to the second one, and the GEMOS operator is notified of the malfunction via an error report. The communication between GEMOS and the third-party trade, however, remains unrestricted.
All important hardware parameters are read out and, if necessary, presented as an event in the GEMOS user interface with the GEMOS SNMP status monitor. For example, if the temperature of a hardware component increases, a pre-defined threshold value pre-alarm can be generated so that appropriate measures can be taken before the affected component fails.
Further Information GEMOS adv. PSIM
Head Office Berlin Germany
+49 30 891003‑0
Group of Companies Gretsch-Unitas
+49 7156 301‑0
+49 7156 301‑293
Head Office Velbert Germany
East Office Germany
BKS GmbH Connect
Herr Axel Sprie
+49 171 8656342
South Office Germany
BKS GmbH Connect
Herr Christian Schenk
+49 170 8577-817
South West Office Germany
North Office Germany
Center Office Germany
West Office Germany
BKS GmbH Connect
Herr Stefan Schuster
+49 171 8656 340
Export Office Germany
BKS GmbH Connect
Herr Fedja Vehabovic
+49 170 6372 481